1) to stand in line with the development needs afforded by the Belt & Road initiative；
2) to bridge up the Chinese and western communities in syntactic cartographic studies, and enhance academic exchanges and collaborations of syntactic cartographers;
3) to organize cartography-themed conferences and relevant academic events;
4) to contribute to teaching and research of syntax from crosslinguistic and comparative perspectives;
5) to launch practical and feasible platforms that fit the above-stated aims.
There are 79 members in total (including general members and those in committees) from 15 different countries and regions: Mainland China, Macao, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Italy, Britain, Japan, Korea, Switzerland, Brazil, Spain, US, Indonesia, South Africa and Austria.
Board of the 2nd Council